One Saturday morning we drove east to Fairfield, CA for the Jelly Belly tour. Sean and I had done this previously on a weekday, but it was lots of fun so we decided to go back with Dada.
You have to wear a hat on the tour, and if you don't have your own, they give you one. They reminded me of the hats you can get at Steak and Shake.
In the factory there were lots of Jelly Belly murals. The first one done was of Ronald Reagan, who was apparently a huge Jelly Belly fan (especially licorice flavor). They have since done all kinds of celebrities and other things such as cartoon characters, etc. I liked this one the best though.
Next stop in Fairfield was the Budweiser brewery tour. We opted for the free one, which turned out to be quite minimal. (The more extensive one would probably be more interesting, but it's really hard to pay attention to someone talking to you when you are trying to prevent a 2-year-old from wandering off and getting into trouble!) I thought this room was most impressive though. The tour guide said that each aging tank holds enough beer for one person to have a 12-ounce beer every hour for 57 years or something like that. That is a lot of beer!
They also had a tasting room and gift shop. Sean enjoyed sitting on the cool chair while we enjoyed our beer samples.
"What can I get with this ticket, Mom? Just a glass of water? Are you kidding me?"
This banner was hanging over the factory. I thought it resembled my life story, which goes a little more like "Raised in Fairfield, lived around the country."
*****
Just a couple pictures from around the house....
Sean and I have been seeing the turkeys around a lot lately. I previously thought that there were 14, but the other day I counted 22! Holy cow. One day they were hopping the fence to go to the pool, and Sean ran down there (it's about 2 doors down from our place) and yelled at them to get their swimsuits on first. Hilarious.
What?!?! Rain!?!? We haven't seen here that in months, literally. Now it's a frequent occurrence but I enjoy it - it's nice to have a change in weather!


That's one heck of a drinking game. Whew! I want that sign, though.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, get your swimsuits on turkeys! :)