Here is a summary of our last couple of weeks in California. Things got kind of busy there for a while, so I now have more catching up to do on the blog.
In preparation for leaving California, we decided to run the hot tub for a while to make it at least look clean after we left. We found that there were two frogs and several GIANT slugs living in it. I caught one of the frogs. Sean was very interested to see it, but not touch it. A few days later he agreed to hold it. That lasted for about ten seconds. I wish I had recorded the look on his face. He did not like holding something wet, cold, and jumpy!
Sean claimed this suitcase as his own when I got them all out and started packing. One afternoon while I was making dinner he just sat in it and looked at his books all by himself. So cute. Luckily he moved on to something else by the time I had to actually pack stuff in it.
Grandma and Grandpa S. sent Sean this truck and trailer in the mail. He was SO excited. He loves things that hook together.
Just before Halloween we went to the Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa for some kids' activities. This is the most impressive product of the day. Can anyone tell that Dada helped out on this one? I think he secretly wants to put a glitter pen on his Christmas list. ;)
Sean shows off his blue tongue after a popsicle. And I'm glad we have an abundance of address labels, since so many end up on his shirt instead of our envelopes!
More indoor playground fun.
Sean discovered the foosball table at Dada's work. (Yes, that's right, all you accountants and engineers out there - some workplaces actually have games! Whoa!)
Sean found the Crazy Taxi game too and was hooked. Especially when he realized that it takes place in San Francisco - there are even cable cars!
Speaking of cable cars, we went into the city to do one last ride. We got a day pass and started out on a streetcar.
We stopped at the Streetcar museum, which was a huge hit. They had a hands-on area where you could play with the bell, levers, etc. from old streetcars.
Future streetcar operator?
Next we stopped at Rasputin where we picked up some good deals on some cds. They also had wheels bolted onto the stairway, so of course we had to check those out too.
Next we rode the cable cars down to Fisherman's Wharf.
Man I miss that California sun.
Sean wanted to see how the cables work. They are just endlessly fascinating.
We went to Ghirardelli Square but weren't really in the mood for a huge ice cream sundae, so I just bought a bunch of chocolate to bring home. You will be amazed to learn that I have not opened any of it yet. I guess I just want to make sure it lasts until we get back to SF again, and who the heck knows when that will be?! Well anyway here is a tired Sean by the Ghirardelli Fountain.
We had one last dinner out at Mary's Place, which is Sean's favorite restaurant. I don't think he really cares about the food, he just likes to play with the truck/trailer they have there. The food by the way is really good.
Sean and I made a stop at the Novato History Museum. He was not really excited about it, but luckily they had a couple of hands-on things.
This is the view from the front of the museum. That's the old city hall building which is currently being restored. In the background, Mount Burdell.
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but we only had one car while in California. We managed just fine (and I really wish that in Ohio we lived within biking/walking distance to the library, grocery store, church, etc). I would drop Jeff of to work in the morning and pick him up in the evening if I needed the car, but for the most part I got myself into decent shape towing Sean (and library books, groceries, etc.) around town on this. It got great gas mileage.


No comments:
Post a Comment