Friday, January 21, 2011

Cold

I am a total wimp when it comes to the cold weather. I was not like this before living in Florida for two years. I would now like to be living in Florida again, but only until March when it gets above 85. (I have a small window of comfort when it comes to temperature!)

Anyway, there was one day this month when I did suck it up and get outside with Sean. We start to drive each other crazy being in the house too much.

"Mama, can you....?" (I can't tell you how many times a day I hear this)





Sean loves to hook things together (think trains, trucks and trailers, etc.) - so he asked me to hook his shopping cart up to his bike.





Here it is in action:





Teresa is very quiet outside. At least she doesn't complain about the cold.





Sean also got his hands on a couple of tent stakes and a rope. He spent a long time setting up, resetting, and reconfiguring a "trip wire" in the yard. I think Jeff may have explained to him what that meant. We made sure we put it away when we were done so nobody (like the mailman) would get injured walking in our yard. :)





The days are getting longer, but it is usually still pretty dark when we get up in the morning. I hear someday my children will sleep in and I will struggle to get them out of bed when I want them to, but for now I have a really hard time imagining that. But I digress. Here is a good sunrise ("rainbow" in Seanese) as seen from the back of our house one morning.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, just what I needed out here by my lonesome. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete