Friday, August 24, 2012

South Bend or bust



Jeff received an offer from the Film, Television, and Theatre Department at the University of Notre Dame to teach as a visiting professor for this school year. So we have packed our bags and are now living less than a mile from campus. This whole process has happened so quickly that I have hardly had time to think about the big picture and what this all means! It seems like a strange dream. Not bad, but just weird. It's probably good that we have been so busy because I haven't had time to think about missing home too much. There has been so much going on here getting Sean registered for a new school, Jeff having approximately three orientation meetings per day, followed by things not working and trying to get a new house set up, we are exhausted!


Anyway, we got the move off to a good start on the morning of Jeff's birthday with a birthday party in the truck. I must say the kids thoroughly enjoyed it and were so excited about the doughnuts and the truck and the dolly and the boxes and the ramp and "MOVING TO INDIANA!" that I am amazed that the truck even got packed with them running all over the place!


 



We went inside to open the gifts so we didn't make a bigger mess of the truck.



I looked away for one minute and turned around to see Sean dressed like this:


I got a little concerned about his interest in wearing a tshirt as a skirt until he explained that he was dressing up like a carrot.



Teresa got some gifts too as Grandma and Grandpa Spoon were visiting and won't see her on her birthday. She got lots of new cool toys, which she has graciously allowed Sean to play with as well. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!


No comments:

Post a Comment