Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September update

A few weeks ago we drove to Washington, DC in search of Great Grandma Hogan, who was in town for the day as part of Honor Flight. Somehow, among the hundreds of WWII vets there that day, we found her!


She was the only woman (at least that we saw) in the entire group from Dayton. :)


Sean and I stayed in the shade as Jeff took some pictures around the WWII Memorial.


Afterward the three of us walked to the Natural History Museum. We hoped Sean would be a little more interested in the dinosaurs, but I think the sun and the heat from the morning had worn him out!



The next weekend we did a 5k walk for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. The plan was to push Sean in the stroller, but he started to fuss so I carried him in the Baby Bjorn. Also there were stairs involved, which we didn't know beforehand, so it was just easier to carry him. It made for a better workout, I guess!

He's got some room to grow before this sweatshirt will really fit. This is a genuine 1970's vintage sweatshirt - thanks to Grandparents Spoonhower for saving it for Sean!



This one is a little blurry but I like the facial expression.



Sean likes to wash his hands and play in the water.



Sometimes he actually has fun in the carseat! He likes to sit back there with Dad, who is quite the entertainer (surprise, surprise).





Last weekend Uncle Paul came over for dinner on Sunday. It looks like Sean is about to fall off the couch but Jeff reassured me that everything was under control while I was in the kitchen....

4 comments:

  1. I am just wondering what the two of them find so amusing....?
    Grandpa S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul was telling Sean stories about his college days at PSU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really cool that you guy were able to meet up with Grandma (great that is) Hogan while she was in D.C. She was really excited about the trip there! :)
    Sean is just too cute for words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jenny! We think so too (except on the nights when he wakes up 5 times)!!! :)

    ReplyDelete