Last weekend Sean and I drove (well actually I drove and Sean rode along) to South Bend for the home opener against San Diego State. Jeff stayed home to get some work done around the house. Sean did fabulous in the car, which made the 4+ hour trip kind of fun, actually!
We met up with Aaron, a good friend with whom I went to grade school and high school, and Aunt Elizabeth. We saw the band rehearse on Friday afternoon. Saturday morning we did a little tailgating, then walked around campus, then watched the band's concert on the steps. When the band stepped off for the stadium, we went back to Aunt Elizabeth's place to nap (Sean) and watch the game (me).
Here is Sean playing bartender at the tailgate. He was very good at helping people close the coolers after they got their drinks out.
No, Sean did not have a beer - he was just falling over because we skipped his usual morning nap to tailgate, and he lost his coordination for a while. Aunt Elizabeth was a life-saver. (Overall he did quite well for being up so long - thank you Sean!)
Sean in front of the dome. This picture was the best I could do - he just would not stand still of course. The perspective is very odd and makes Sean and the hostas look giant.
What a cute future Domer!

We went down by the lake to feed the ducks and swans. Sean's sippy cup took a little dip in the lake while we were there. Sean enjoyed sharing some of his snacks with the birds.
Here are Aaron and Sean near Lyons Hall, where I lived for three years. Oops - sorry Aaron, I should have gotten your attention before I took the picture!
We also stopped by Pangborn Hall, where Aunt Elizabeth used to live. Sean enjoyed climbing up and down the stairs, getting lots of "Aww! He's SO cute!"s from the residents of Pangborn who were coming and going, and opening and shutting the front doors using the handicapped button.
Game time!


Sean is incredibly cute! :) I love how you took him tailgating! :) and the pics with the dome are great! We had a little shindig this weekend for the OSU/USC game and Justin came up from WV...got him up to speed with the fam. He and Dad spent Saturday afternoon watching ND football...it has been a long time since I actually sat and watched a game. They weren't too bad for a mostly freshman/sophomore team!
ReplyDeleteJustin is looking to move back to the Hamilton/Cinncy area after graduation next summer. I told him about your site...I'll have to email him the web address.
Unbeknown to Marie, Sean and I shotgunned a few beers while we were out looking for coolers with wheels on them.
ReplyDeleteSean can really hold his booze. I'm impressed.