Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Last week we drove to see the lights on Pyramid Hill. Unfortunately they couldn't make change for us, so we just had to go back home. We'll return and see the whole thing soon. Sean loves lightbulbs, after all.








Last weekend we drove to Champaign to visit our good friends, Ev, Erica, and their daughter Elana. We had a great time! It was strange to drive by our old house (in their neighborhood) but for it to not be our house. Also we missed some of our other friends (Kenny and Amy) who don't live there anymore.

Here's our old house. I took this picture to show off my pride and joy, the tree that I planted in 2006. I bought it for about $1.20 from the Saint Joseph County Soil and Water Conservation District. When I planted it it was about 18" tall and was constantly referred to as a "stick" by Jeff. Well, look at it now! It's a hybrid poplar, a fast-growing species. I was unhappy to see that the new owners killed all of my native plants and strawberries (why would you get rid of delicious strawberries?) that I put in around the front porch, but at least they kept a few things - this poplar, a pussy willow, a sycamore, a couple of juniper shrubs, and some lilacs.




Elana had a pair of cymbals that Sean played almost constantly as soon as he found them. He will be delighted on Christmas to find out that St. Nick picked up a pair for him this morning.





This is the new library in Champaign. It was amazing. They built a whole new building that was finished this year, I think. It was incredible! We spent a lot of time at the old library and loved it. The new one looks even better! To me its exterior is not architecturally impressive, but the inside is really nice and open.








Here's one last picture from yesterday at home. Sean likes to stack the "donuts" on his arm. If anyone has suggestions on how I can get Sean to stop sitting like this, please let me know! I am constantly rearranging his legs so that he sits properly, but he continues to "kneel" like this which I've heard is bad for the knees.





I think I have some more photos from Champaign. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment