Here are some highlights of what we did.
The people who live across the street had a tree cut down one day.
It was very exciting to have so many trucks and wheels in our street!
Later we went outside for a while, but then all the trucks were gone.... This photo was taken by Dad who was inside staying warm!
We went to the Christmas tree lighting in downtown Hamilton. It was extremely cold. We had Sean bundled up just fine but we forgot our own hats and gloves! It was about 23 degrees I think. I managed a smile after we found some hot cider at the Cappucino Depot.
The city also offered free horse-drawn cart rides. We had to wait a long time (well it seemed like a long time because it was so cold, and nearing bedtime) but it was worth it. Even now every time we drive through downtown, Sean says "Horse! Horse!" so I know he remembers how much fun we had. In this picture Sean is loitering in a dark corner outside the courthouse, waiting for our turn on the wagon.
Finally! On the wagon! They even had some nice heavy blankets for us.
After the ride we saw the horses up close. Sean stuck his tongue out just like the horses did.
Isn't the horse's eye interesting?


Sean is HUGE! It looks like you have settled in quite nicely to Hamilton. By the way 23 degrees is a warm day in Minneapolis. It has been snowing all day today. I'm afraid I won't see green until May . . . I hope we can catch up soon. We miss you guys a lot!
ReplyDelete