We drove to South Bend for the first home ND game of the season. Well, not the game so much as getting together with some great family and friends, band rehearsal, tailgating, etc.
Holy cow, it was hot and humid at rehearsal on Friday afternoon. (Look at those cheeks! You can tell Teresa has enjoyed trying lots of new foods lately!)
Saturday was not much better. We took lots of breaks in the shade and in air conditioned buildings.
Teresa enjoyed dancing to all the music at the tailgates. (I'm really sorry I am having the worst time trying to get videos uploaded on Blogger. Any suggestions for other easy-to-use, free sites?)
Also notice Sean in the background. He found a light-up shotglass neckalace at EB's house and wore it for the day (until he dropped it and it broke, oh that was so heartbreaking for him!), and he actually did a shot of water much to the amusement of some friends of EBs. Somebody out there has a picture of it. And just for the record I do not encourage binge drinking of any kind! ;)
At the bullet. This caused some confusion. Sean thought we were saying "bulletin," as in church bulletin, so he was wondering what this had to do with Jesus. It was quite and interesting conversation.
Um, Teresa, I'm not done with that yet! And just for the record I do not give my babies beer, but I think it's ok to play with an empty on the grass. ;)
Faltos: the next generation! (Although we were missing a few who couldn't make it, and either Tom or Joe was hiding behind the tree....)
On Sunday we went to a Celtic festival in South Bend. Luckily a cool front moved in Saturday night, so the weather Sunday was absolutely wonderful!
Dad and Sean learn how to throw a tomahawk.
Some people were playing traditional Irish games - also interesting.
Teresa enjoyed walking around.
Sean got his face painted for the first time ever. I know, this might be kind of a girly thing to do, but it could be worse, right?
There was nothing with wheels on the list of selections, so Sean chose butterflies.
Here is Miss Goofy again.
*****
Ok these are unrelated to our trip weekend but somehow ended up being uploaded in this post.
Sean was excited to try on his new fall pj's!
He is also a subscriber to the Lego, Jr. magazine. They had a contest for building a robot, taking a picture of it, and sending it in for a chance for a Lego gift card. Voila! Sean made this all by himself.
Sean is enjoying preschool so far. Hopefully that will continue to be the case. He is also taking drum lessons, I can't remember if I mentioned that. I have some drumming videos, again if I can figure out how to upload them I will....


No comments:
Post a Comment